Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Buyer to join their Supply Chain Management Team on an initial 12-month basis.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Team Leader you will provide an effective and economic service to customers, including both offshore installations and onshore. The successful individual will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and provide attention to detail in their work to proactively find solutions to Operational needs.
• Sourcing best price and delivery for all goods/materials ensuring competitive prices are sought
• Provide customer focused support in the areas of purchasing of materials and services
• Benchmark and negotiate goods and services involving rental and labour ensuring competitive prices are sought from existing and new vendors.
• Accurate preparation and issue of all purchase orders including correct cost allocation.
• Commercial awareness and understanding of terms and conditions.
• Ensure Materials and services are delivered to meet asset plan and budgets
• Provide reports to assist with accruals and project spend
• Ensure that all certification and documentation is provided as part of the delivery process
• Assist with audit of key suppliers to ensure HSE is being delivered through the correct process
• To provide support where necessary to internal stakeholders for the expediting of PO Approvals / Deliveries
The ideal candidate will have strong understanding of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. A working knowledge of SAP 4.7 Procurement System and MCIPS is desirable.
Previous Oil & Gas experience would be an advantage.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd