Central Inception Team Administrator
Our client, a well-established law firm based in Norwich, are currently seeking a Legal Team Assistant to join their team.
• Do you have the drive to work in a fast paced, high pressured working environment?
• Are you enthusiastic, and looking to take on new challenges?
• Do you have good analytical skills with a methodical and organised approach to work?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Due to company expansion and growth, a new position has arisen to support our clients’ wide introduction of an innovative new electronic platform. This is an exciting time to join such a great company, as a team Administrator for the newly created Central Inception team.
As the Team Administrator, you will provide Lawyers with a central resource to help them meet their regulatory requirements. The role will involve undertaking anti-money laundering and client due diligence checks, as well as completing the entire file opening and closing processes.
You will deal with conflict checking, drafting letters of engagements, scoping and estimating, as well as scanning, archiving and having direct contact with clients.
You will report to the Debt Recovery Executive, and liaise with Lawyers, Executive Assistants, Finance Services as well as the Rick and Compliance Team too.
• Verify the identities of individual clients, either by conducting online identity checks, or checking identity documents provided by the client.
• Conduct conflict checks and escalate where necessary.
• Conduct credit checks as necessary.
• Monitor identity evidence for existing clients in accordance with set guidelines and update as necessary.
• Conduct client due diligence checks and tasks.
• Liaise with the risk & compliance team to ensure compliance with customer due diligence on a risk sensitive basis.
• Upload information onto the company systems as appropriate to help maintain an accurate audit trail of the checks that have been undertaken.
• Open files on the systems both accurately and efficiently
• Create client letters of engagements with relevant scoping and estimating where appropriate and in accordance with instruction.
• Liaise with lawyers and secretaries as appropriate.
• Provide guidance to lawyers and secretaries on file opening process.
• Attend and participate in any required training provided either internally or externally.
The ideal candidate will have good attention to detail along with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines on a regular basis. You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
An awareness of anti-money laundering procedures and a legal background with an understanding of conflict checks and credit checks would be an advantage, however not essential, as training will be given.
If you are a motivated, with a common sense approach to work and a keenness to investigate issues and see a problem through to conclusion, then please forward a copy of your CV today!!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd