Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Contracts Manager to join their team.
As the Contracts Manager, you will be confident developing and presenting effective contracting strategies. This role will be based at Norwich, with travel to other sites as operationally required.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Job duties include:
• Lead a team of contract specialists, to provide the best commercial guidance to contract sponsors.
• Advise, guide and support contract users, on the fundamental principles and processes to adopt when developing and implementing contracting strategies
• Draft and compile requests for information, requests for proposal, invitations to tender, tender evaluation and contract documents in a clear, detailed proactive manner with the objective of minimising claims and disputes
• Ensure tendering, bid clarifications and tender evaluations are carried out consistently and fairly
• Support contract users in the resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including review of terms and conditions of contract in collaboration with company’s legal, risk and insurance specialists
• Prepare recommendations to management for award and execution of a variety of contracts
• Take ownership and act with the authority of the nominated company commercial representative to maintain a designated portfolio of contracts.
• Liaise with company’s procurement department to optimise the procurement strategy and ensure full compliance with company procedures
• Liaise with group contract department, to access group frame agreements.
• Support contract users in commercial negotiations with contractors
• Draft and issue contract letters and notices when required
• Establish systems for contractor performance management
The successful candidate will provide sound commercial advice to contract sponsors and users and ensure the company maximises the economic benefits from the services provided by its Contractors.
You will be confident and self-motivated and have good analytical and problem-solving skills. As you will be representing the company, we expect a high level of integrity and a professional manner in dealing with contractors and third parties.
As the Contracts Manager, you will be a creative thinker, well-motivated with a proven delivery record. You will be an effective communicator at all levels of management both internally and externally.
Ideally, you will have a high of commercial acumen and awareness, have working knowledge of LOGIC or similar style standard contracts and will be proficient in IT toolkit including MS word and Excel.
If you have good team management skills, are well organised and have a high attention to detail, then please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd