Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is client is currently seeking a Draughtsperson to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join the Drawing Office team. This position is responsible for supporting drawing modifications and ensuring critical drawings are updated appropriately. The role requires the successful candidate to have a strong understanding of design / drafting software used in the Oil & Gas industry.
This is a 12-month contract position; working hours are Monday to Friday. Whilst this role is based onshore at the office in Norwich, there may be a requirement for occasional travel to terminals and offshore platforms from time to time.
Key responsibilities include:
• Preparation of CAD drawings to the latest specifications and recognised industry codes and standards
• Provide engineering and technical support regarding drawings to operations teams
• Produce and update multi-discipline drawings (Layouts / P&ID’s / Schematics / Diagrams / Schedules etc) utilising AutoCAD and Microstation software
• Provide consistent draughting quality
• Liaise with Engineers and third party contractors in providing drawing updates
• Manage multiple draughting update projects ensuring drawings are delivered within an acceptable timeframe
• Maintain and update controlled drawing register providing progress updates throughout drawing updates
• Checking and final approval of updated drawings
The successful candidate will ideally have a formal relevant qualification in design and drafting or engineering along with previous experience using draughting packages. You will be competent in AutoCAD/Microstation packages and will be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
Previous experience within the Oil & Gas industry would be advantageous, and you will have a good fundamental understanding and knowledge of engineering drawings across all disciplines- Process / Instrument / Electrical / Mechanical / Civil.
If you are well organised and have a high attention to detail, then please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd