Our Client, an offshore solutions provider is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their growing team!
If you are able to deliver work against a defined project plan within agreed timeframes, proactively drive the design process to conclusion on assigned projects and effectively manage a design project, from project initiation to delivery, then this is the role for you!!
• Proactively undertake design tasks assigned by the General Manager Technical / Design Manager including management of those tasks from project outset to completion of all requirements.
• Planning and management of allocated design tasks in line with the design engineering process
• Developing detailed understanding of the scope of work
• Arrange and carry out project update meetings (informal and formal) to ensure effective communication and design project delivery.
• Take ownership, responsibility for and drive forward all technical / design aspects of a project.
• Undertake design activities in accordance with Design Engineering Procedure.
• Compile and develop conceptual designs and present to the project team (including Suppliers where appropriate)
• Develop agreed concept into detailed engineering solutions by undertaking the following:
• Undertake Mechanical and Structural calculations, and finite element analysis (FEA)
• Undertake Mechanical and Structural drafting which adhere and comply with company standards, protocols and appropriate industry codes.
• Prepare supporting documentation in line with agreed industry standards as required by the project, such as drawings, inspection forms, test procedures, EMI’s, etc.
• Check colleague’s calculations, FEA, drawings and documents as assigned.
• Participate actively in team meetings, seminars, reviews and project planning events.
• Assist in training and mentoring graduate / developing engineers.
• Undertake any reasonable duties as directed by your line manager or Director of the business
The ideal candidate will be time served engineer, with a HND in Design Engineering. You will have a background working within the offshore industry, along with experience with structural and mechanical design in the offshore environment, both topside and Subsea.
As the Design Engineer, you will have experience of working with structural / finite element software packages as well as Mechanical / Structural 2D and 3D CAD skills, Solid works and Ansys. You will also have design calculation and analytical skills combined with desire to research, test and challenge.
You will have excellent problem solving, decision making and communication skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal formats.
For further details regarding this fantastic opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd