Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is client is currently seeking a Design Draughtsperson to join their team.
Working within the Drawing Office, you will be part of the operational engineering support team where you will have responsibility for supporting drawing modifications and ensuring critical drawings are updated appropriately. A strong understanding of design / drafting software used in the Oil & Gas industry is required for this role.
This is a 12 month contract position; working hours are Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include
• Preparation of CAD drawings to the latest specifications, recognised industry codes and standards
• Provide engineering and technical support regarding drawings to operations teams
• Produce and update multi-discipline drawings (Layouts / P&ID’s / Schematics / Diagrams / Schedules etc) utilising AutoCAD and Microstation software
• Liaise with Engineers and third party contractors in providing drawing updates
• Manage multiple draughting update projects ensuring drawings are delivered within an acceptable timeframe
• Work to Drawing Office and Document Control procedures to ensure drawings are processed, updated, stored and issued correctly
• Maintain and update controlled drawing register providing progress updates throughout drawing updates
• Checking and final approval of updated drawings
The successful candidate will have a formal relevant qualification in design and drafting or engineering. You will have a proved track record in CAD operating, in an industrial environment, and will have both a good knowledge, and experience in engineering drawing office principles, procedures and standards.
The ideal candidate will be competent in AutoCAD/Micro station packages and will be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel). Previous experience within the Oil & Gas industry would be advantageous.
If you have good team management skills, are well organised and have a high attention to detail, then please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd