Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based in Norwich, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the assurance of electrical assurance of electrical generation and distribution systems up to 11kV, including its safe and reliable operation. This role involves working in a team of electrical engineers and graduates to provide day-to-day electrical support to the offshore assets. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
Working hours are Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring technical integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical generation and distribution systems are optimised so that production targets can be achieved.
• Manage and support the day to day maintenance of the offshore facilities electrical systems.
• Ensure all equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079.
• Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy and ensuring appropriate integrity management of Electrical equipment.
• Understand and manage offshore Electrical modifications/project operations to ensure effective and safe execution of work.
• Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority as well as external bodies, assisting with incident reports and investigations.
• Ensuring Performance Standards and statutory legislation are complied with and complete a minimum of 6 SAS (Site Assurance Survey) audits per year.
• Supporting Electrical related sections of the verification scheme and assisting with anomaly closing out.
• Assessment of Electrical Technicians’ competencies.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Engineer or qualified to a minimum HNC / HND level. You will have previous experience within the offshore Oil and Gas industry as well as a strong operational knowledge of the onshore/offshore gas business.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd