Employee Safety Specialist
Our client, a prestigious, international manufacturing company, based in Norwich, is currently seeking an Employee Safety Specialist within their busy QHSE department!
Reporting to the Head of QHSE, your principle role will be to provide technical and practical Health and Safety support to the Company through the maintenance, review and application of the H&S management system. This will be demonstrated by promoting the highest levels of legal compliance, risk management and a strong and consistent safety culture.
This role involves a wide range of tasks that include:
• Leading the production of risk assessment and method statement documentation for routine & non routine activities.
• Isolation planning & support to those controlling work activities by staff and contractors
(Mechanical Authorised Person).
• Monitoring and mentoring of compliance with existing procedures and task method statements.
• Verification of engineering controls by exposure monitoring and other methods.
• Auditing and benchmarking activities.
• Incident, accident and near miss investigation.
• Safety Management system review and updates
• Promoting and developing competence and consistency across shift teams, including training and assessment.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in a science based discipline, and will also ideally have a NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent.)
You will have extensive Health and Safety experience, gained within a high hazard, manufacturing or construction environment as well as experience preparing detailed risk assessments.
You will have a working knowledge of ISO management systems as well as experience of auditing and occupational hygiene and environmental monitoring too.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd