Our client, a well-established leading law firm based in Cambridge, are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join their team.
This position is part time working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. (21 hours pw)
• Do you have previous experience, working as a Personal Assistant?
• Are you approachable, with excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills?
• Do you have a methodical and organised approach to work?
If so, this could be the role for you!
As the Executive Assistant you will be responsible for supporting all areas of the business. The role reports to the Executive Support Manager and is responsible for providing a high quality support service to the lawyers, utilising available resources as appropriate.
The role is based within the firm’s regulatory, public and commercial disputes, and will work alongside the Document Production Specialists and Administration Assistants.
• Work closely with the lawyers you are responsible for, supporting colleagues with all aspects of the firm’s core value of strong client relationships, anticipate and consider client needs and ensure comprehensive notes are available for any ongoing items
• Deal with all calls and queries in a professional manner, take clear and concise messages and ensure these are dealt with in a timely fashion
• Prepare and distribute agendas, itineraries and meeting papers including chasing any pending items to ensure lawyers have adequate time for planning
• Think ahead of lawyer needs to free them up from administration tasks and actively assist with business development and marketing initiatives
• Be focussed and fully involved in the role delivering work with high level of experience and act in a mentoring, coaching or training role to others
• The firm is committed to innovation in all areas. Within your role, consider and put forward better and new ways of working
• Ensure lawyers’ diaries are managed and maintained, including but not limited to organising/arranging events/travel, ensuring all arrangements made, work and activities are scheduled, any potential challenges resolved to make the lawyers’ day to day working easier to manage
• Manage and monitor lawyers’ inboxes including for planned and unplanned absence where possible reducing email volume by responding to emails and filing on worksite
• Use plain English in all communication and ensure information is presented in a clear, logical and structured way
• Understand and support end to end billing process to assist lawyers
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous PA experience, along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. You will have strong literacy skills and will be comfortable with touch typing.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work under limited supervision and will be able to prioritise and work effectively when faced with numerous deadlines.
If you are a motivated, with a common sense approach to work and a keenness to investigate issues and see a problem through to conclusion, then please forward a copy of your CV today!!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd