Field Service Engineer
Our well established engineering client, based in Norwich, are currently seeking a multiskilled Mechanical Service Engineer to join their team!
The successful candidate will be experienced in the installation, removal and repair of high voltage generators & motors. This is a challenging role in which the candidate should demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative for extended periods, supervise others and liaise with customers at a senior level. They should be able to deliver technical solutions to capital projects in support of customers’ requirements.
There will be the requirement to work globally and offshore, however the role will be based in Norwich.
The positon offers a competitive base salary along with an excellent premium for working away.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Diagnose symptoms of faults such as high noise & vibration including identification of damaged or worn components to be replaced.
• Carry out basic electrical checks including winding resistances, IR & PI and IR checks on auxiliary equipment such as RTD’s and heaters etc.
• Carry out machine strip downs to component parts including rotor removal and rebuild to specification including setting of machine air gaps.
• Carry out bearing inspections, changes and general machine overhauls.
• Supervision of assistant labour.
• Machine installation and alignment.
• General hand fitting and mechanical assembly skills.
• Overseeing basic running checks.
• IT skills including use of Microsoft Word and excel essential.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with rotating plant in the range of 5-100MW including induction and synchronous motors and will be comfortable using CAD packages.
You will be a competent welder, as well as have the ability to measure machine vibration and do trim balancing.
The ideal candidate will also have a FLT licence.
If you would like further information with regards to this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd