Our prestigious Oil, Gas and Energy based client is looking for a Geophysical Engineer to join their growing team.
• Are you looking for a new challenge?
• Do you have previous experience working within electronics, electrical, mechanical engineering or a scientific discipline?
• Do you have previous offshore experience?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Working hours – 12 on 12 off (days or nights)
As the Seagoing Geophysical Engineer, you will to support the hydrographic and geophysical survey teams. You will be responsible for deploying, recovering, maintaining, repairing and replacing equipment and parts as required.
You will ideally have an electronic or mechanical engineering apprenticeship or will have a Diploma in Geophysical Engineering along with relevant previous experience within a similar role.
• Operate, configure, and carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on several systems. These systems have significant hardware and software which differs between each system.
• Operate powered electric/hydraulic winches and cranes.
• Coordinate deployments of heavy swinging loads.
• Maintain deployment systems, winches, hydraulic booms
• Carryout installations, updates and configuration of both equipment specific software and hardware on XP, Windows 7, Solaris and Redhat.
The successful candidate will contribute to the team, both practically and thoughtfully when solving problems and will be able to respond to instructions. With the full seagoing role, you will be expected to work at sea up to 200 days per calendar year. You may be posted anywhere in the world where working on a variety of projects.
This is a seagoing, offshore role, so experience of working at sea on vessels will be advantageous, but not essential. The engineering team provide around the clock support.
You will provide a constant service in shifts to data acquisition operations. If you are adaptable, positive and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines then we would love to hear from you!
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV for more details today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd