Graduate Design Engineer
Our client, a hugely successful manufacturing company based in Norwich is currently seeking a Graduate Design Engineer to join their growing team.
You will be able to work within a sales / design environment to support customer requirement, using Solid Works to create 3D models and designs to a high standard, initially working from a BOM or initial layout to develop products from concept to manufacture, from quote to Drawings to meet customer specification.
You will work closely between the sales team, so the ability to communicate effectively between colleagues, client and suppliers is essential.
• Do you have an understanding of Sheet metal operations and fabricated products?
• Are you able to work using own initiative, to meet the daily demand?
• Do you have strong attention to detail?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Job duties include:
• Create structured bills of material.
• Redesign and design from existing Drawings.
• Design bespoke from fresh drawings.
• Design bespoke from standard product drawings.
• Work within the scope of ISO 9001.
• Design products within the boundaries of the machinery.
• Observe control points for quality and health & safety
• Ensure all production staff is kept up to date with any changes.
• work with production staff to improve and develop a positive design role.
• Investigating drawing issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
As the CAD Design Engineer, you will achieve results while using good communication skills between sales and management. You will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, work as part of the technical / sales team and maintain and share of professional and technical knowledge also attending lean manufacturing workshops / training sessions when required.
For further details on this exciting opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd