Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking an experienced Instrument Engineer to work as part of the onshore engineering team.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the assurance of instrumentation and its safe and reliable operation to the offshore assets.
As an Instrument Engineer you will provide daily support to offshore on all instrumentation issues, maintenance activity, development and execution of instrument based projects and be involved in the competence assessment of instrument technicians. Additionally, you shall work with the Instrument Technical Authority to provide input on company policies/practices.
This is a 12-month contract position working Monday to Friday. Whilst this role is based in Norwich there will be a requirement to go offshore on occasions.
Key accountabilities include:
• Supporting the offshore assets in assessing day to day instrumentation issues, ensuring instrumentation technical integrity.
• Support operational locations in assessing day to day instrumentation issues, ensuring instrumentation technical integrity.
• Specify, select and procure replacement and/or upgrades to instrument equipment and carrying out the necessary risk assessments, safety studies and following documentation update procedures via Management of Change
• Provide advice and consultation to repairs, upgrades and modification pertaining to instrument equipment to discipline technicians and other multi-discipline engineers
• Monitor performance of instrument equipment through routine review of maintenance records and contributing to the continuous improvement of the discipline Maintenance Strategy and Performance Standard documents
• Ensure all work activities carried out within the discipline meets the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, recognising safe-guard interface with other disciplines
• Participate in safety studies such as HAZOPs, LOPAs and practical interfaces such as FATs, Constructability Reviews, etc.
• Protect/improve production efficiencies through efficient technologies, better planning cost management of discipline work activities
The successful candidate would ideally be ‘time served’ and will ideally be a chartered engineer or qualified to HNC / HND level.
You will have strong operational knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas business and will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of risk management and will be a good communicator.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd