Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking an Integrity Engineer to join their team.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of the Integrity team. You will have responsibility for managing the integrity of pressure systems fixed equipment, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment and fit for purpose assessments (for onshore and offshore pressure systems).
You must be able to plan and organise your work, be a good communicator, self-motivated and be an active team player. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore on occasions. You will report directly to our Pressure Systems Team Leader.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist the Senior Integrity Engineers in leading the development, review and update of fixed equipment integrity management systems.
• Review inspection reports and propose updated written schemes of examination (WSE) to appropriately address
• Identify repairs where necessary and propose, raise and review repair orders and fabric maintenance recommendations by population of MAXIMO. Assist Senior Integrity Engineer to energise and initiate timely execution of repair orders and fabric maintenance activities necessary to maintain legal compliance and safe future service. Ensure that repair order assessments remain current and that overdue repair orders are appropriately reassessed for safe continued use.
• Communicate integrity concerns appropriately to the team leader and when required, to the wider business and provide strategic updates on emerging issues and integrity projects.
• Regulatory - support the team leader with HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities. Assist the team leader to fulfil the role of Competent Person under PSSR and COMAH Scheme for onshore terminal and the expectation with IPPPS for offshore assets.
• Manage and review external studies by specialist contractors.
• Support the Senior Integrity Engineer by contributing towards the preparation of an annual pressure systems integrity summary and overall fitness for service statement.
• Support offshore and onshore operations in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
• Contribute to internal failure investigations and act on conclusions from such investigations to prevent reoccurrence.
• Conduct asset visits and surveys to plan, manage and witness ongoing integrity related tasks and to maintain familiarity with the asset and its integrity condition.
The successful candidate will ideally be Mechanical or Metallurgy degree qualified, to chartered status (or working towards). You will also ideally have previous experience within the Process/Petrochemicals Industry with relevant experience in onshore/offshore oil & gas.
As the Integrity Engineer, you will ideally have experience with pressure vessel design, integrity and performance analysis as well as experience of managing a corrosion control system.
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate.
With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving as well as good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd