Joint Venture Accountant
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Joint Venture Accountant to join their busy team.
This is a great opportunity for the successful applicant to expand their finance knowledge across a broad range of processes and procedures within the finance sector.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be required to take responsibility for a portfolio of assets and be fully involved in all aspects of the monthly reporting cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring income & costs are recorded accurately and any associated partner billed correctly.
• Monthly review of financial performance of individual assets within a portfolio including variance analysis and commentary.
• Cash allocation & credit control.
• Contract compliance and control of expenditures in conjunction with Cost Controllers.
• Regular contact with the commercial team on contractual and related issues
• Annual budget preparation and monthly reforecasting for portfolio.
• Providing reports to both internal and external users as required. Main point of contact for partner queries.
• Contribute to partner / year end audits where necessary.
• Any other tasks as required by the team in order to meet deadlines
The successful candidate will have strong understanding of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel and Word. Experience of SAP accounting package is desirable; however, training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will be part / fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and will have the ability to work well under pressure and deal with tight reporting deadlines.
You will be confident and hardworking with a good knowledge of general accounting procedures required. You will have good communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a positive attitude to problem solving.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd