Lead Decommissioning Engineer - Platform Dismantlement
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Lead Decommissioning Engineer – Platform Dismantlement, to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to be responsible for the planning, design, execution and regulatory compliance of dismantling of offshore platforms as well as assist in the preparation and removal of major onshore and subsea items.
As the Decommissioning Engineer, you will develop and maintain close working relationships with onshore and offshore teams in the definition and delivery of work. This role will report directly to the Decommissioning Manager and is responsible for the management of engineer(s). There may be a requirement to travel offshore on occasions as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice for all aspects of decommissioning works
• Recommend strategy for the removal of offshore platforms as well as subsea protection structures or onshore plant when required
• Implement the agreed dismantlement strategy, inclusive of but not limited to: tender preparation and evaluation, contractors’ management, engineering review and validation, planning of resources, execution of activities and close-out.
• Define preparation works required to prepare the platform ahead of dismantlement and support the implementation of the plan with the offshore combined operations management team and the onshore LDE - Operations
• Review and validate lifting analysis, global temporary in-place analysis, motion & transport analysis, sea fastening design, towing and anchoring analysis in line with appropriate codes and standards
• Act as a focal point for all structural related works in the decommissioning department
• Support the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance team into the definition of the decommissioning strategy for platform dismantlement; provide adequate engineering support to ensure validation.
• Lead the implementation of the management of change (MOC) process for all relevant decommissioning activities.
• Lead engineer(s) and develop their abilities in the decommissioning area
• Manage contractors where required & provide operational interface to operations as necessary
• Carry out cost estimates for forthcoming decommissioning projects
• Lead the tendering process and review of proposals for relevant works in order to recommend most suitable contractors
• Support contract negotiations following tendering of scope of work
The Successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer in Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture, with relevant experience in the dismantlement of offshore assets and/or as a structural engineer in the Oil & Gas, renewables, transport and installation, heavy lift or marine engineering sector.
You will have a good knowledge of engineering, project management, planning, logistics and relevant legislation, and will have a strong major project biased knowledge too.
Offshore experience of PF decommissioning engineering and operations would be ideal.
The desired candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to develop others, provide timely feedback and guidance to other engineers and the decommissioning manager as well as interact with the decommissioning team and the wider business. You will be able to facilitate change where the tasks are complex, unclear or uncertain and have a can do attitude.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd