Legal Secretary - Litigation and Disputes
Our client, a leading law firm in Norwich is currently seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team. The successful candidate will provide support to a team of Partners, Associates and Solicitors and will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of new and ongoing matters.
The role will be working 21 hours per week. Some core hours would need to be on a Wednesday and a Friday.
The main duties of the position include but are not limited to:
• Liaising with clients, the court, experts and counsel either face to face, over the phone or in writing;
• Preparing and formatting documents
• Maintaining client files, including efficient utilisation of the case management system
• Filing and photocopying of documents (including preparation of court bundles);
• Making appointments and assisting in the management of electronic diaries and contact lists;
• Opening files in accordance with procedure, including obtaining client ID, conducting conflict and anti-money laundering checks;
• Preparing invoices, statements of account and assisting with credit control
• Providing support during meetings, including preparation of refreshments and room set up
To be successful within the role, the ideal candidate must have the ability to work to tight deadlines and be comfortable prioritising tasks from multiple sources. The secretarial team also covers one another during holiday periods so flexibility to do this is also important.
Full training will be provided within the team but key qualities of the ideal candidate will include:
• Previous experience within a legal secretarial role.
• Experience working with case management systems.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly document formatting in Word.
• Experience of Land Registry Searches would be desirable, but is not essential.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV ASAP!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd