Our client, a leading Oil and Gas supplier company based in Great Yarmouth are currently seeking an LGV Driver to join their busy team.
Reporting to the Transport Supervisor, the role will operate waste vacuum road tankers, curtain sided vehicles and vans, ensuring duties are undertaken in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
As our ideal candidate you will be a committed and motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to provide a first-class customer service, aligned to the company’s values, behaviours and strategic goals.
The role is 45 hours per week over Monday to Friday with a 45 minute paid break. You will be required to be available one day every other weekend. This will be paid at the applicable overtime rates. Flexibility for work patterns and overtime as required by the needs of the business.
You will be focused on providing the highest standards of safety and operational performance and flexible to adapt to the needs of the business and our customers.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Presenting a positive image of the company through first class service delivery and customer engagement.
• Ensuring the quality of work meets the expectations of the business and requirements of the customer.
• Building effective relationships across the business, continually seeking to improve operations and identify cost savings.
• Safely and efficiently handling and transporting a wide range of hazardous materials and products.
• Inspecting and maintaining vehicles, equipment and accessories including pumps, valves, tanks, vessels, hoses and couplings. Ensuring the highest standards of safety and house-keeping are maintained in all areas.
• Accurately completing all Company forms and associated documentation, ensuring information is logged and circulated, as applicable.
• In partnership with the HSE department, ensuring the continuous improvement of safety and environmental performance and compliance to all laws, regulations, industry standards/codes along with Company procedures and work instructions.
• Proactively assisting colleagues and undertaking adhoc duties, as required.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, including road tanker operations transporting flammable, corrosive and toxic materials. You will have excellent customer relationship management skills with commercial and operational awareness and will have effective communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
You will be flexible when required to amend working schedules to achieve customer service delivery and to undertake travel and work away from home.
You will have an LGV Class 1 licence and will be ADR Dangerous Goods by Road (Tanks) Forklift/ Moffett trained.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd