Mechanical Engineer - 12 Month Contract
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
This will be a contract position for 12 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing discipline-specific support to help achieve reliability, availability and operability of a wide range of mechanical equipment.
Working within the regulatory framework and appropriate engineering standards, an engineer in this role is expected to help keep the mechanical equipment operable as required and in optimal condition, fuel-efficiently and with minimal unplanned intervention.
Key responsibilities include
• Provide mechanical engineering support to a variety of departments including Operations, Maintenance, Projects, Metering and Integrity.
• Provide engineering guidance and visibility during operational shutdowns
• Help eliminate mechanically-related production losses by measuring equipment performance, identifying improvement opportunities, planning, risk-assessing and implementing cost-beneficial improvement initiatives; undertake root cause failure analysis and make effective use of intrusive maintenance programmes by co-ordinating the requirements of differing trades for the same equipment
• Help deliver maintenance strategy and policies, prescribing equipment-specific routines and procedures
• Complete required documentation and assurance systems, such as work planning, the submission and assessment or approval of Change Management applications, the update of equipment and documentation databases and the publication of reports
• Manage costs by controlling spends with third-party vendors and promote a ‘cost-challenge’ culture to secure value and cost-effectiveness from suppliers and contractors
• Be able to utilise an electronic maintenance system such as Maximo
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to HNC, HND level, or Engineering degree-qualified with experience in the oil and gas industry. You will ideally have strong operational knowledge of oil and gas industry mechanical equipment and a sound knowledge of engineering, maintenance and planning.
The desired candidate will have a good understanding and knowledge of the Microsoft computers based products such as word, Excel and power point. You will have the ability to give timely guidance to management on the history and health of equipment such that major costs and outages are predicted, planned and budget-approved.
If you are a diligent, hard-working, team player, and you like further details on this position, then please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd