Metering Technical Authority
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Metering Technical Authority to join their busy team.
As the Metering Technical Authority, you will provide engineering support to the engineers and technicians across all assets in the Southern North Sea. You will have responsibility to prioritise, plan and schedule maintenance work for a standalone team to comply with current legislation and commercial agreements, reporting back to the Metering Team Leader. Additionally, this role acts as a deputy for the Metering Team Leader during periods of absence.
This position is primarily based in our Norwich office with travel to our onshore and offshore assets as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identify technical risk and advise Management.
• Discipline focal point for Regulators and External Agencies.
• Discipline owner for Simplification/Rationalisation themes and topics.
• Technical approval for SORs and MOCs.
• Technical approval for risk assessments.
• Promote discipline ‘best practice’ through networking groups / forums.
• Keep aware of current and new metering technologies and developments and make recommendations for improvements or cost savings as appropriate.
• Prepare documents outlining specifications for potential improvements.
• Define relevant standards, guidelines and procedures for all aspects of flow measurements and quality measurements, ensuring best practice is followed.
• Provide detailed support for onshore/offshore assets investigating reported faults, providing solutions for the long term using best practices & methods.
• Assess individual system uncertainties and make recommendations on how to maintain operation within the specified tolerances.
• Arrange third party calibrations on or off site and witness when required to ensure compliance.
• Effective planning of shutdown maintenance scopes and associated manpower/vendors.
• Represent the Metering Team in any meetings or discussions as directed.
• Assist with discipline recruitment at all levels.
• Act as technical mentor for engineers, technicians, graduates and students.
• Provide technical guidance for new metering systems and the upgrading of existing systems.
• Planning of work load and progress of works, procurement of necessary materials, meeting precise specifications and lead times.
• Generate and review suitable documentation in order to complete and record the testing fully.
• Ensure smooth transition of systems from project to operational status.
• Comply with site and industry environmental requirements, liaise with third party vendors and auditors to ensure compliance with relevant regulators and standards.
The ideal candidate will be Chartered Engineer in good standing with the Institute controlling the TA discipline or demonstrably working towards chartership. You will also ideally have previous experience in a similar environment and will ideally have a proven record of technical management within the appointed discipline.
The desired candidate will have previous experience of developing and approval of maintenance and integrity strategies, as well as previous experience of developing and managing the delivery of the applicable Performance Standards.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.