Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas company is currently seeking a Petroleum Engineer to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of our clients Petroleum Engineering team in Norwich. You will be in charge of reviewing wells and field in order to maximise production from mature assets.
As the Petroleum Engineer, you will be expected to propose and assess the technical and economic feasibility of wells intervention and workover projects. This role will provide exposure to various surface and sub-surface challenges associated with managing production from gas reservoir.
Key responsibilities include:
• Specify and supervise stimulation programs, in order to maximise gas recovery.
• Manage well delivery to ensure production requirements are met by supervising well performance monitoring and data gathering, assessing the well’s performance and proposing solutions to enhance productivity.
• Ensure all monitoring files are up to date with the latest parameters.
• When necessary attend platforms /drilling rigs to witness and record interventions and testing activities.
• Present findings to team members and management, in report format and at meetings.
• Provide support to Reservoir Engineers for Field Development Studies.
• Implement well projects such as injection tests, light workovers, foaming campaign organisation, liaising with Well Services Supervisor and Well Project Supervisor.
• Analyse static surveys, carrying out echometer surveys (offshore), perform the analysis and maintain the Reservoir Pressure data base.
• Knowledge using Prosper, GAP and MBAL, performing Material Balance Analysis and history matching to provide short- and long-term forecast and reserves estimation.
• Contribute to the writing of data acquisition programmes, appreciating the commercial implications of data acquisition and demonstrate how the information obtained can be utilised to maintain or enhance asset performance.
• Good knowledge in reservoir engineering, drilling and petroleum economics through past experience with multidiscipline projects.
• Challenge existing designs and well operational processes in order to apply the best technologies and practices; minimising, operating costs.
The successful candidate will have a Petroleum Engineering Degree as well as previous experience as a Petroleum Engineer. You will be organised, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
Ideally you will have knowledge in Gas Petroleum Engineering (PVT, IPR, VLP) and well testing. Utilising various software to conduct analysis on production and well test data sets.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd