Power Distribution Engineer
Our client, a leading organisation within the Energy Storage, Industrial and Commercial sector is looking to expand their team. Due to ongoing growth, they are looking to recruit an experience Engineer with Power Systems and Distribution experience to join a team working on the development of battery based static energy storage systems.
• Do you possess the ability to understand and modify single line diagrams schematics in CAD?
• Are you acquainted with LV/HV substation layout, switchgear and protection devices?
• Do you have a working knowledge of LV and HV systems design, with hands on experience during your career, along with a working knowledge of installations (IET Wiring Regulations) & BS EN 61439 Low-voltage switchgear?
As a Power Distribution Engineer, you will work as part of a multi-disciplined Engineering Team and be the Lead Engineer in terms of power distribution and site/grid integration requirements. You will be involved in projects from the initial concept and detail design, through to development, implementation, testing and handover. You will also be leading site surveys and installations from a technical perspective and supporting development of repair and maintenance policies, processes and programmes as well as system commissioning.
• Undertaking of electrical power distribution design work that meets the standards dictated by relevant regulations and global compliance requirements.
• Supporting sales by leading site surveys and installations from a technical perspective.
• Planning and delivering projects efficiently and effectively to meet with agreed timings and budgets.
• Be the technical expert on the LV power distribution side of site applications on bespoke installations.
• You will be an integral part of developing specifications for power distribution, switchgear, protection, monitoring and integration of commercial Energy Storage Devices.
• Have a good understanding of connection requirements for generation on LV networks.
• Design build and test models and prototypes of new products during and after the R&D process.
• Produce product documentation for internal and external use as well as technical reports.
• Deal with suppliers during design and carry out component selection activities.
• Provide technical expertise and support during site surveys, installation (SAT), maintenance and upgrade of units.
• Provide internal teams with cost estimations and commercial conditions for tender responses.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Powerflow analysis/ modelling electrical power systems using desktop software. You will understand and have a proven career history in Power Management design including: Switchgear, busbar, protection devices transformers, cabling and enclosures. You will possess the ability to provide or interpret a design brief and converse with electrical component suppliers regarding component selection and specification, and will have knowledge of the Grid code and regulations of Grid connected generation equipment installations and new network connections.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable of delivering work tasks without a high dependency of additional resource, and will demonstrate the ability to have good verbal and written interaction with existing design team members and suppliers.
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd.