Our client, a very successful manufacturing company based in Halesworth is currently seeking a Process Chemist to join their team.
Working in a supportive role to both the Development Chemists and Innovations Manager in three key areas:- Bulk Structures, Bulk Reworks and Raw Material evaluation/method development.
As the Process Chemist, you will ensure a smooth transition of formulation scale-up from laboratory through to production by carefully managing key administrative duties using internal systems whilst overseeing and attending first pilot production batches.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Requesting approval of new stock raw materials from the Managing Director.
• Manage the trial process by supervising all trials and reporting findings.
• Creating New Raw Material Stock codes and updating relevant internal systems.
• Creating, maintaining and uploading planner sheets & Bulk Production templates, ensuring accurate and consistent methods and specifications.
• Ensuring Senior Chemist sign-off for all Bulk Structures.
• Support production in-situ reworks, ensuring minimal disruption to the daily production plan.
• Investigating root cause and liaising with Chemist to ensure problems do not re-occur.
• Support Quality Control and Chemist by providing swift remedial action for bulk rejects, assisting in root cause investigation and attending rework process with unit production operators.
• Troubleshooting repeated batch rejects/in-situ reworks, providing solutions and recommendations to the Chemist and Production Manager.
Raw Material Evaluation
• Under direction from Senior Chemists and Technical Manager Process, evaluate, assess, record and report alternative materials with existing formulations.
• Process, evaluate, assess, record and report improvements and amendments to existing formulation methods.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of producing formulations and an understanding of production is essential. You will have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as be self-motivated and will have an excellent attention to detail and accuracy when under pressure
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd