Production and Demand Planner
Our client, a Global Packaging Manufacturer, is currently seeking a Production and Demand Planner to join their well-established team.
• Are you looking for a challenge?
• Do you have previous planning experience, and a good understanding of production processes?
• Are you an effective communicator, who enjoys problem solving?
If so, this role could be the one for you!
As the Production and Demand Planner you will plan production lines efficiently, to achieve required service levels and maintain safety stocks. You will also analyse and challenge demand information to drive site S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) processes.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract, dealing with the SAP implementation.
Main duties -
• Create and issue efficient production schedules for relevant production areas.
• Drive S&OP process within the agreed format. Review and agree related plan effectively with production heads and engineering.
• Regularly review medium and long term demand, related to the relevant planning area.
• Evaluate production requirements and produce daily/weekly plans for relevant department.
• Maintain and develop long term planning structure.
• Attend daily production meetings and communicate relevant information where needed.
• Communicate effectively any delays/issues to the relevant departments.
• Support or lead relevant project work as and when required.
• Identify areas of improvement and present when needed.
• Support coordination of third party production activities relevant to area of working.
• Provide holiday cover and absence cover for planning colleagues.
• Support other roles within the Supply Chain team as directed by the Supply Chain Team Leader / Supply Chain Manager.
• Advise relevant department management of any non-standard work or material requirements and keep them fully updated on all relevant issues.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels. You will be both methodical and meticulous as well as highly numerate.
The successful candidate will have experience of S&OP process as well as good planning experience and a good understanding of the production process.
You will ideally have an in-depth understanding of coating and printing process, as well as a knowledge of BPCS, FLUID and PRINT PLAN would be preferable however not essential.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd