Our client, an exciting and rapidly growing manufacturing company, are currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team.
Working in a manufacturing environment, responsible for the overall direction, co-ordination and evaluation of the area. Ensure all machinery are set in time for production with the team and that lines/vessels are achieving optimum efficiencies and outputs at all times. Ensure all time critical jobs are completed before shutdown. Motivate and inspire your staff to achieve given targets, ensuring that all operations comply with department housekeeping and strict H&S rules. Ensuring housekeeping, quality standards, protocols and company rules and procedures are being met.
Production Supervisor Job Duties:
• Ensure all lines/vessels are running to optimum capacity, quality standards & made in full and on time
• Workforce planning to ensure the right numbers of people are allocated to the right duties
• Manage the staff within the area to achieve optimum results at the highest standards at all times
• Interpret specifications and job orders to workers, and assign duties.
• Assist production manager in the daily running of production, establish or adjust work procedures to meet deadlines.
• Ensure assembly of finished goods is to the specification and quality standards
• Ensure Team Leaders are performing on line quality control checks
• Maintain good housekeeping at all times within your area, helping others in other areas to ensure high standards are maintained
• Interpret company policies to workers and ensures safety regulations are followed
• Communicate daily and directly to your line manager in order to understand operational targets and to discuss any shortfalls from the previous working day. This includes equipment faults or failures being highlighted immediately to engineering.
• Cover production manager on annual leave/absence including attending meetings as required
• Manage holidays, returns to work interviews and staff performance
• Analyse and resolve work problems / assist workers in solving work problems
• Be responsible for highlighting and addressing any H&S or poor housekeeping issues
Essential Skills & Experiences:
• Good statistical and numerical ability
• “Can Do” mentality, problem solving
• Good standard of Microsoft packages, excel and word.
• Ability to motivate and influence people
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as a part of a team as well as be self-motivated
For further information regarding this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd