Project Cost & Planning Engineer
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas company is currently seeking a Project Cost & Planning Engineer to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of our client’s Projects team where your primary focus will be to support the delivery of the Projects Portfolio. You will be responsible for the production of the project cost reports and schedules as well as providing project support through adequate cost and schedule analysis.
As the Project Cost & Planning Engineer you will report directly to the SNS Projects Manager, this role offers autonomy and you will be expected to prioritise and have accountability for your workload.
This position is based in Norwich, working Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
• Produce monthly Project cost reports
• Prepare and submit monthly accruals to Financial Timetable Critical Review
• Check / challenge and sign off PR’s (ad hoc raising of PR’s), checking PO’s where required
• Prepare monthly cash calls / cash flows to Financial Timetable
• Prepare ad hoc cost data for management
• Engage with audit (internal / external) for validation / defence of costing methodology
• Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
• Provide cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
• Ensure effective project implementation and utilise productive reports
• Monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project
• Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients
• Provide cost control advice to the internal PMT team as and when required.
• Perform Critical Path Analysis
• Support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects
• Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling
• Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems
• Monitor Project Team work load produce relevant histograms in order to determine workloads and priorities of group resources
• Coordinate with other teams within the organisation to ensure delivery of project activities are to time and budget
• Liaise with logistics planners to ensure helicopter and boat resources are available and efficiency maximised
• Chair planning reviews when required
• Identify resource requirements for project activities
• Manage the updating process to ensure that plans are current and reflect project progress
• Attend project team meetings and take minutes as requested by the Project Manager
The successful candidate will have experience in the Oil and Gas Industry along with a cost / planning role. You will need to be enthusiastic, hands on and pro-active with the ability to maintain attention to detail in your work.
Ideally you will have working knowledge of SAP, strong analytical and problem-solving skills excellent IT skills including P6, Microsoft Project, spreadsheets, Word etc.
As the Project Cost & Planning Engineer, you will have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd