Our client, a busy manufacturing company based near Thetford, is currently seeking a Purchasing Administrator to join their team.
This role will initially be a 12 month FTC, however could progress into something permanent for the right candidate moving forward.
• Are you an experienced Purchasing Administrator, looking for your next challenge?
• Do you possess strong negotiation skills?
• Do you have previous experience ordering from bespoke suppliers?
If so this could be the role for you!
As the Purchasing Administrator, you will be responsible for purchasing products to support the furniture manufacturing processes, and all the associated paperwork and administration.
Main roles and responsibilities:
• Processing Orders (Fax & Email)
• Raising Purchase Orders
• Putting orders on to reserve
• Raising all relevant delivery and collection notes for supplier orders
• Signing off invoices – ensuring paperwork is in order
• Payment of pro forma invoices
• Keeping a database of orders/suppliers for manufacturing processes
• Dealing with supplier queries
• Booking in fabrics, putting cuttings on relevant job sheets for Sewing Room
• Dealing with supplier imports
• Liaison with suppliers, production planner, sales staff, production team and logistics
• Sourcing products and checking price comparisons and availability
• Keep accurate records and maintain databases.
The successful candidate will be able to work out quantities of materials required and understand fabrics, types of wood and metal. You will also have previous experience ordering from bespoke suppliers. You will have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, as you will be required to work out lengths, widths and thicknesses of materials.
The ideal candidate will have good IT skills, including all Microsoft Office products and excellent attention to detail. You will have the ability to use own initiative and will work well under pressure and to deadlines.
If you are an organised person with a "can do" attitude, who is able to prioritise work, has excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to maintain and develop good relationships with suppliers, then please forward a copy of your CV today!!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd.