Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Safety Engineer to join their growing team.
This position is an integral part of the QSHE team and has responsibility for the provision of safety engineering support to the Southern North Sea operation. This includes ensuring compliance with UK QSHE legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and best practice.
Working hours are 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
• Carry out competent in-house safety studies and projects including but not limited to following:
o Charing and facilitating safety studies such as HAZID, Bowtie, ALARP and PHA
o Development of Barrier Diagrams (Bowties)
o Mini Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) including Event and Fault Tree development
o Hazardous Area Classification
o Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment
o Preparing Safety Case Material Changes
o Facilitating the 5 yearly COMAH submissions
• Preparing the scope of requirements, commissioning, managing and reviewing technical safety studies from competent contractors in support of operations and projects.
• Provide safety engineering support for asset modification proposals and identify the appropriate safety studies that should be completed.
• Engage with operations and projects to ensure that all necessary regulatory requirements and approved codes of practice are identified, permits obtained and conditions complied with.
• Provide coaching, guidance and advice to operations, engineering and other support teams to ensure compliance with applicable legislation such as COMAH, OSDR/SCR, PFEER, DSEAR, DCR, PSR and PSSR.
• Maintain current in changes to HSE legislations, codes, guidelines and industry standards, interpreting these changes and assisting in the development of actions to meet such requirements.
• Participate in incident and accident investigation root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative actions in support of this
• Identifying opportunities and efficiencies to improve overall QSHE standards and performance throughout the SNS Operation
The ideal candidate will have a higher technical qualification in an engineering discipline ( i.e. Process Safety, Chemical or Mechanical). You will ideally be Chartered (or working towards) in Mechanical, Chemical/Process engineering is desirable, with experience in Safety Engineering within the Oil & Gas industry.
Experience in both design and operation is desirable.
The successful candidate will have good software understanding, including MS Office, PHAST, PHA-Pro, BowTie XP, FLARESIM and PIPENET.
If you would like further information with regards to this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd