Senior Design Engineer
Our client, based on the outskirts of Norwich, are currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their growing team!
As the Senior Design Engineer, you will be involved in the development of control systems designs including hardware and software solutions using PLC and SCADA systems and embedded systems as appropriate, that will include:
• Producing detailed hardware and software designs for automation/control systems
• Attendance at client’s sites for customer support
• Interface with client’s representatives to develop and agree designs
• Ensuring full compliance with the Company’s QA standards in all relevant reporting, documentation, record-keeping and procedures
• Liaising with/manage vendors and suppliers
• Preparation of project planning and design documentation
• Project engineering/management; including project commercial aspects and project cost control
• Taking the lead role on projects to ensure software/hardware being developed by other engineers is correct functionally conforms to company /customer standards and legislation
• Ensuring that project specific task targets are met with respect to both timeliness and cost
• Updating/reviewing Cost to Complete Documentation
• Assisting with the development of less experienced engineers with regards to documentation, designs, software, standards and procedures
• Contributing to, and maintaining, the Company’s Engineering Standards and procedures
• Taking an active role in the support of sales activities with the preparation of technical proposals and direct client contact as appropriate
The desired candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication skills both with external and internal customers, and will be able to plan and organise efficiently and effectively.
You will have a proven track record and experience of complex control and safety systems, as well as experience of developing industrial grade software and hardware solutions using a variety of control systems (PLC and SCADA).
Experience in Industrial Networking is advantageous, however not a necessity. The successful candidate will have the ability to travel to client’s sites as necessary.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd