Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their Projects team.
The successful candidate will be covering work scopes for both onshore and offshore assets in the Southern North Sea.
This position will encompass writing BOD’s, site surveys, estimating, compiling project schedules, engineering of systems, selection of equipment (ATEX where required), writing work packs, and creating relevant project drawings. You will be required to raise and progress the MOC (Management of Change) process through to close out, along with relevant closeout documentation, such as drawings, P1 and P3, updating safety critical documentation where required. This role also has responsibility for cost control, selecting contract labour, reviewing vendor information, creating data sheets, arranging trips offshore with planning and boat schedules for shipping of materials.
You will need to be responsive, able to work to tight schedules and from your own initiative, while maintaining an understanding Electrical Codes, European and British Standards and industry best practices. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company Electrical Performance Standards and HSE legislations.
This position is based in Norwich working Monday to Friday, with regular visits to our offshore assets as required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Design and spec - LV power distribution systems, power generation systems, safety critical systems (such as UPS systems), earthing systems and lighting systems.
• Ensure a high standard of installation methods, through from construction to commissioning.
• Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy, ensuring appropriate integrity management of electrical equipment
• Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors
• Understand and manage onshore and offshore electrical modifications/projects, both green and brownfield, ensuring effective and safe execution of work
• Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority with external bodies such as IVB and internally ensuring correct design of installation
• Ensuring Performance Standards and statutory legislation are adhered to during design/engineering.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices
The successful candidate will ideally be a Chartered Engineer or qualified to a minimum HNC / HND level. You will have previous experience within the offshore Oil and Gas industry as well as a strong operational knowledge of the onshore/offshore gas business.
You will also ideally have SUEPEE and Intrinsic Safety or CompEx Full, along with a good knowledge of SKM power tools and bot MV and HV electrical systems.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd