Senior Integrity Engineer - Corrosion and Materials
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Integrity Engineer to join their team.
The Senior Integrity Engineer has responsibility over corrosion, materials and welding technology in direct support of the execution of Technical Integrity Management Strategy (TIMS) across its onshore and offshore asset.
This position has specific responsibility for corrosion modelling, monitoring and inhibition regimes in support of the corrosion assessments and management for onshore and offshore pipelines, wells, fixed equipment and structures. In addition, this role is the main focal point for corrosion, welding and materials selection support and failure analysis and has the key goal of ensuring our client’s assets remain suitable for service until the projected end of field life dates.
Working hours are Monday to Friday. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore periodically.
Key responsibilities include
• Responsible for the development, review and maintenance of corrosion integrity maintenance and mitigation systems for onshore & offshore pipelines, wells, fixed equipment and structures and the associated control strategies. To include, but not limited to, corrosion management strategy, process erosion control, cathodic protection (CP) strategies, corrosion inhibition strategies, sampling requirements, monitoring, assessment
• Responsible for maintaining pipeline corrosion models in accordance with Pipeline Integrity Management System, owning 6 monthly management tactical review meetings on inhibition and asset wide corrosion/erosion risks
• Provide specialist corrosion, erosion, materials and welding engineering support to the Integrity Engineer’s review of inspection reports, written scheme of examination updates, repair order preparation, specification of fabric maintenance activities, emergent issues, etc.
• Attend and provide advice to regular Integrity Team Repair Order review meetings for Pipelines, Pressure Systems & Structures.
• Develop, maintain and publish a quarterly corrosion control report, including appropriate KPI’s.
• Regulatory – undertake HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities.
• Initiate, manage and review external studies and surveys by specialist contractors.
• Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors.
• Act as control authority in the Management of Change process (PMP/eMOC) providing technical assurance to modifications. Deliverables – safe completion of projects and modifications
• Carry out failure investigation and defect assessment by way of metallurgical analysis for plant and equipment failures typically involving corrosion, erosion, vibration, impact, stress and welding/manufacturing defect failure modes, etc, where necessary.
• Fulfil the role of team member within the Pressure Systems “Competent Body” (RBI Team) to meet the expectations of onshore PSSR & COMAH Scheme for onshore Terminals, offshore assets and the expectations within IPPPS. Attend regular review meetings and provide corrosion engineering support and guidance.
The successful candidate will ideally have a Chemical, Corrosion, Mechanical or Metallurgy degree to chartered status (or working towards). You will also ideally have previous experience within the Process/Petrochemicals Industry with relevant experience in onshore/offshore oil & gas.
As the Senior Integrity Engineer, you will ideally have experience in a corrosion / materials management and mitigation environment. With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving as well as good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd