Senior Integrity Engineer – Pipelines
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Senior Integrity Engineer – Pipelines to join their team.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Piping Engineer to become an integral part of a dynamic team, where you will be actively supporting the specific goal of ensuring the pipeline assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates.
You will be responsible for the engineering assessment, management, development and implementation of pipeline integrity management systems for our clients offshore and onshore pipelines and riser network. The role requires a detailed understanding of offshore pipeline engineering, immediate recognition of defects & anomalies, ability to engineer remedial actions as necessary. It also requires engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues together with pipeline corrosion modelling and corrosion inhibition.
This position is primarily based in our Norwich office with the requirement to travel to our offshore operational sites on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead the development, review and update of pipeline and riser integrity management systems
• Continual development of risk based inspection strategies. Manage inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables
• Fulfil the role of Competent Pipeline Person under the Pipeline Integrity Management Strategy (PIMS)
• Regulatory - HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities
• Review pipeline inspection & maintenance strategies regularly in terms of alignment with field life expectations of the company’s infrastructure
• Carry out pipeline fitness for service assessments based on measured or predicted defects
• Manage and review the approval of external studies by specialist contractors
• Manage the work of the outsourced pipeline engineers on behalf of the company, as required
• Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors
• Preparation of annual pipeline integrity summary including 3rd party activities, providing an overall fitness for service statement
• Management of subsea contractors activities, check and review workscopes and final reports
• Act as liaison point & primary contact for new developments which involve pipeline design / build / commissioning & associated subsea activities
• Support offshore/onshore in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
For further details, please forward a copy of your CV today!!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd