Our prestigious manufacturing-based client is looking for a Shift Supervisor to join their Operations department on a full-time, permanent basis. This role reports directly to Manufacturing Manager, Press Operators, Pre-press and Label Department Assistants.
Please see shifts below:
Week 1 – Monday – Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm and Friday 8.00am – 2.30pm
Week 2 – Monday – Thursday 4.00pm – 00.30am and Friday 2.00pm – 8.30pm.
• Are you self-motivated and approachable?
• Do you have excellent attention to detail, with good verbal and written communication skills?
• Are you confident and highly organised with excellent inter-personal skills?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor team performance and provide coaching & mentoring to develop and encourage good behaviour and best practice.
• Support investigations into reports of incorrect or non-conforming materials, goods or stock to determine root cause and assist implementation of corrective actions.
• Support production control as required to ensure correct storage of finished goods or presentation of finished goods to export.
• Support production control as required to ensure timely and accurate processing of incoming materials, plates, dies and consumables.
• Support production control as required to ensure correct storage of materials, plates, dies and consumables to ensure accuracy and suitability of stock.
• Responsible for monitoring direct reports for compliance with Company policies.
• Monitor holiday and other absences and carry out return to work interviews where appropriate
• Ensure direct reports are made available, to complete any compulsory company training.
• To abide by all statutory requirements.
• To adhere to and promote all company policies and procedures in place, from time to time, including those relating to HR and health and safety.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the line manager.
As the Shift Supervisor, you will have demonstrable experience of print production supervision, 5 GCSEs (A-C grade or equivalent) including Maths & English and Current full UK driving licence.
Ideally, you will have good working knowledge of printing process, supervisory experience and technical fault finding in a print production environment.
• Ensure manufacturing to the documented standard with the correct materials, appropriate press set-up and using suitable working practises.
• Ensure BRC standards are adhered to at all times and all incidents correctly recorded.
• Carrying out testing, in accordance with the correct procedure and presented the Production Control Team.
• Motivate and direct team members and assign work.
• Ensure a safe working environment is maintained
• Identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement of the label manufacturing process.
• Ensure all departmental KPI’s are achieved or exceeded.
For further details regarding this great opportunity, please email a copy of your CV today.
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd