Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based at Wytch Farm, is currently seeking a Storeperson to join their Stores team. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of inventory and other consumables, with the objectives of achieving the highest service level and minimising investment in stock holdings.
This position assists with the safe and efficient operation of the stores warehouse and surrounding areas ensuring efficient utilisation of space ensuring quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met. This will include taking responsibility for the maintenance and security of stock Inventory using SAP, ensuring stock control systems are up to date, maintaining inventory accuracy, and undertaking and recording regular rolling stock checks of all materials held on inventory.
This is a 12 month contract position; working hours are Monday to Friday.
• Maintaining standards of Health and Safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and oils are stored safely
• The safe and efficient loading, unloading and handling of all equipment within the stores area, including deliveries and forward dispatch
• Carrying out the role of ‘duty storeperson’ on a rota basis; required to carry a pager and to be no more than one hour travel time away from Wytch Farm
• Housekeeping and maintenance of all storage areas; both covered and open storage
• Ensuring that stock levels are maintained at agreed levels, re-ordering of materials as required
• Maintenance and security of all direct material purchases held within the stores system
• Arranging for correct despatch of materials to the relevant worksite
• Maintenance and issue of documentation and certification provided with materials
• Liaising directly with customers and suppliers to ensure safe and efficient deliveries
• Arranging for despatch of materials to vendors for repair or refurbishment.
• Assisting with the dispatch of materials via the preferred courier service
• Control of drivers for internal storage movements and duties
• Acting as Area Authority or Performing Authority
• Ensuring that all consumable stock levels, gas levels, Oils, lubricants and chemicals held are maintained at agreed levels.
• Accepting and unloading of all gas deliveries from current supplier
• Accepting and unloading of all oil and lubricants
• Accepting and unloading all chemical deliveries to the chemical laydown area
• Assisting in the delivery of chemicals to well sites
• Monitoring waste and recycling areas
• Control the delivery and return of hired plant and equipment
• Carry out any other tasks as required by the Stores Manager that may be required
The ideal candidate will have previous warehouse / stores experience as well as experience working on computer stock management systems.
The successful candidate will ideally have a forklift licence. This is not a necessity as training will be given.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd