Technical Author Assistant
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking a Technical Author Authority to join their busy team for an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join the QSSHE team.
This position is responsible for designing graphics and layouts, writing, editing and publishing safety documentation. You will be tasked with ensuring compliance with the Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS) under the supervision of the Technical Author and Safety Engineers. This is a position that requires attention to detail and the ability to work closely with the Technical Author and part of the wider team whilst also having the ability to work independently.
This is a 12 month contract position; working hours are Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Work with the Technical Author and Safety Engineers in producing and updating safety documentation
• Producing and amending detailed graphics, layouts and drawings
• Following company document style guidelines and regulation
• Develop, review, edit and validate data sheets relating to technicalities of the requisite subject.
• Write and prepare safety documentation in an easy-to-understand language
• Check for style, structure, grammar, errors, syntax, punctuation and spellings in technical documentation
• Meet deadlines in preparing and editing documents
• Work closely with Safety Engineers to ensure accuracy of the documentation
• Liaise with Technical Author and Safety Engineers to identify potential improvements in safety documentation administration
• Communicating proactively with company personnel
• Work with Document Control Centre for publishing and archiving documentation
• Reacting to and delivering on operational requests for assistance
The ideal candidate will have a good command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation along with excellent organisational skills. You will have proven IT Literacy including proficiency with Word/Excel/Adobe Acrobat and skills with Microsoft Visio and Adobe Illustrator is essential.
Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry is desirable, along with a working knowledge of CAD Software however not essential.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd