Technical Engineering Administrator
Our Manufacturing client, based in Thetford, is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Administrator to join the team. The role is part time and you will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
Job Title: Engineering Administrator, Engineering Dept.
The successful candidate will be working within a small team of engineers and will be involved in:
1. Working in conjunction with production and material supply departments to ensure BOM and routing accuracy.
2. Creating and amending non-engineering parts.
3. Preparing serial and SWL plates via the heat foil labelling machine
4. Printing and issuing drawings & Work Instructions for production
5. Issuing test certificates and manuals ready for completed unit despatch
6. Maintaining the workload/nestings databases – ensuring the correct process is followed
7. Nesting drawings for the laser cutter utilising Boost software – ensuring economical and cost-effective use of material
8. Generally providing phone answering and administrative assistance to the Engineering Department
The successful candidate will have the ability to absorb technical information, good communication skills and will be able to work well independently as well as part of a team whilst meeting deadlines. You will also have experience of working in a manufacturing and/or technical environment (preferred), with great computer skills utilising Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and experience of MRP and/or laser software – ideal but not essential because training will be given.
For further details regarding this opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd