A leading manufacturing company based in Great Yarmouth is currently seeking a Warehouse Technician / Operative to join their team.
Our client will offer this role initially as a 12-month fixed term contract with the view to go permanent for the right candidate. The shifts will be AM/PM 6:00-2:00/ 2:00-10:00.
As the Warehouse Technician / Operative you will be reporting directly to the Warehouse and Planning Team Manager and Warehouse Supervisor. You will be responsible for the receipt and storage of all starting materials, supply and return of all starting materials to/from the Packing and Manufacturing departments, preparation of finished product pallets for shipment, movement of materials between both warehouses and the recording of these activities on GMP/inventory control documentation.
• Report directly to the Warehouse Management Team on a daily basis.
• Work efficiently and effectively to schedules of work in weekly production plans and outstanding orders report.
• Ensure starting materials are safely transferred to warehouse and entries made onto inventory system on a timely basis.
• Ensure the safe movement of starting materials between warehouse and production departments and entries made onto GMP documentation on a timely basis.
• Endeavour to keep self-occupied at all times remaining flexible within the department and site.
• Maintain mezzanine storage area for 81% series parts/consumables.
• Bale all cardboard and plastic waste for recycling.
• Issue GMP chemicals for cleaning on request.
• Ensure all areas onsite are kept tidy.
• General housekeeping.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety.
• Be trained and qualified and adhere to all procedures associated with GMP, hygiene, warehouse processes, operation of equipment and cleaning of equipment and areas.
• Ensure entries on all GMP documents are clear and accurate.
• Maintain agreed standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
• Follow GMP and identify improvements.
Health & Safety:
• Maintain a safe working environment by working safely, particularly when driving fork lift trucks.
• Be trained and qualified in all Health & Safety procedures, report accidents and take part in investigations.
• Identify potential hazards and report.
• Ensure relevant COSHH data sheets are fully understood. Be trained and qualified to carry out weekly Racking Inspections.
• Work efficiently to current standards at all times.
• Prevent loss of time and maintain good timekeeping.
• Avoid waste and identify and prevent where possible.
• Work as a member of a team both within warehouse department and site.
• Follow instructions from Supervisors and take part in discussions for the benefit of the team and site.
• Show respect when dealing with other employees and visitors to the site.
• Provide GMP and Health & Safety support to the site as directed.
The desired candidate will ideally have previous experience within the warehouse environment. You will have excellent organisational and communication skills along with the ability to prioritise tasks under pressure.
As the Warehouse Technician you will understand both GMP and SOP’s as well as thrive within a busy production environment. You will have a passion for working within a warehouse and the drive to succeed.
The successful candidate will ideally have a fork lift licence.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd