Head of Engineering
An exciting & growing organisation based near Bungay, is currently seeking a Head of Engineering to join their established team.
Are you an experienced and qualified Engineering Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity to make a difference? If so, this could be the role for you!
As the Head of Engineering, you will manage, coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of Engineering and Maintenance activities.
You will be the Lead Engineer to the team, providing management and direction to the team. Championing, monitoring and improving Engineering standards and solving any resultant engineering issues within tight timescales and to deadlines as set by the Business. You will ensure the business assets are maintained to the highest possible standard through an effective planned preventive maintenance system. Management and supervision of Engineering Health and Safety matters.
Your main duties will include:
• Liaise with management, production and project engineer(s) to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
• Review Engineer skill levels and maintain competence in all Engineering disciplines.
• Validate the maintenance schedule to ensure it meets business requirements, current and future.
• Provide Engineering Mentoring and Development to the Engineering team.
• Ensure production lines are maintained, setup and run at optimum levels with minimised downtime
• Ensure the effectiveness of the maintenance plan for all production equipment.
• Dealing with contracts and selection of Engineering suppliers.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience within a factory engineering management role, overseeing a multi-disciplined Engineering team.
You will ideally have a Mechanical and Electrical Engineering qualification. You will also have excellent knowledge on Microsoft packages, excel, word, outlook and power point.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd